Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Snakes In A Classroom




Last night I took Lestat (my male Red Tail Boa Constrictor) to Skye's Girl Scout meeting. I did a 45 minute lesson on snakes and went into detail about their anatomy, behavior, eating habits, life span, and so on. I was a bit nervous about how the girls would react considering Lestat is now a whopping 5 1/2 feet in length. I went over precautions and rules before getting Lestat out of the animal carrier I brought him in. The were a few gasps once I first got him out however after talking for a few minutes while holding him, the girls quickly calmed down. In fact, most of the girls came up to touch him! Since Lestat was handling the whole experience without a problem, I went ahead and let the girls hold him if they were interested. To my surprise, most of the girls came up and held him. They did so great with him that I was impressed. Even some of the parents came up to touch him however none of the parents wanted to hol him lol. I have a ton of pictures which I will be posting either tonight or tomorrow evening so make sure you check back soon!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home