Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Latest

I was hoping to make it to the hospital to see Jean after I got off of work this evening but I wasn't able to get in touch with Jen, her grand daughter, to make sure it was ok for me to pop in. I didn't want to just show up out of no where. Jen did call me back around 6 pm and I could hear just how exhausted she is just in her voice. She said that Jean has slept most of the day because the doctors are having to give her injections of pain medication because the pills are not helping for her knees. She is still refusing to eat and she has verbally attacked Jen when she has tried to convince her to eat. They have not put in a feeding tube as of yet but that is still a strong possibility. Jen said that there times when you can tell Jean wants to talk but she can't speak all the time. Jean will look at you but it is more like she is looking THROUGH you rather than AT you. She calls people by the wrong name, not realizing who she is talking to and she is still cursing at even her grand daughter at times. The doctors have run tests to try and find out what has caused all of this and so far they haven't found a thing. There are some test results that haven't come back yet so we will see. The only thing the doctors have been able to determine is that Jean had multiple strokes (meaning too many to count) Monday evening. I called and gave my ex husband the update on Jean and we ended up crying together on the phone. I tried to be in control but it got to a part of the conversation where I lost it. It was at that moment that Joe lost his composure as well. Everyone is still praying for her and her family and right now it is a "hurry up and wait" situation. I will post more as I get more information or as things change. Many thanks to all who have prayed for her and for everyone who is being so supportive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home