Thursday, October 05, 2006

The Surgery Is Over (WARNING: GRAPHIC)

Well, the surgery went well. It only took about 20 minutes. The surgery itself was fine except I didn't handle it to well. Because I was awake for the procedure, my nerves were a mess! My nerves were already going haywire when I got to the office but when I laid down and the doctor started to give me about 25 shots (no exaggeration), my stomach started to turn upside down and I got very clammy. The assistant was sweet and got me a cold, wet rag and placed it on the back of my neck to help which it did. Once I started to concentrate on my breathing, I calmed down. Although I couldn't feel the doctor cutting, I could feel a constant tugging and pressure on the skin on my neck which made it difficult not to pass out. Thankfully the process is over and now that the numbing agent has worn off, I am terribly sore. Brian had to assist in giving me a bath because it is imperative that the wound does not get wet. I go back to see him in 10 days to get the stitches removed and then I go back in 2 months so the doctor can see if he needs to laser the scar to reduce it even more. Brian counted a total of 10 stitches. I only hope that once this is healed it is all worth it! Here are the before and after pictures. As I previously stated, the after picture is graphic. Please keep in mind that the bandages had just been removed (which tore some hair out and hurt like hell) and The "liquid" you see is antibiotic ointment on the stitches.


Before:



After:




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home